We collected this vehicle from a barn at the customer’s house where it had sat, partially stripped, for many years. The brakes had totally seized making it challenging to load onto the trailer.

After initial inspection it was obvious that the vehicle was in a very poor state from both corrosion and previous bad repairs. We set about completely removing all the remaining components, engine, gearbox and suspension. The vehicle was then sent for sand blasting to further help identify corroded/damaged panels before being placed on our body jig for alignment and replacement of many structural chassis members before replacing various outer body panels, many of which needed fabrication due to lack of available parts for this vehicle.

A protective stone chip was sprayed on the underside before painting the original factory red both inside and out. All suspension components were stripped and sand blasted and powder coated before being re-fitted and with new bushes, bolts, springs and shock absorbers.

The gear box and rear axle were sent to a specialist for inspection/repair while we stripped the engine. The alloy castings were soda blasted before re-fitment of internal components with new bearings, pistons, liners etc. The cylinder head needed repairing before being built up with new valves.

The car was then re-assembled and delivered back to the customer.